Sunday, March 30, 2014

Positive Thinking, Don't You?

Different colored pieces reflect tastes of life. (Photo credit to Ms. Ny Sothea)
PHNOM PENH-March 30th, 2014:  “Whenever you fall, pick something up”, Anonymous man said.

Tonight, I felt not good about myself. I found myself utterly bewildering. My brain was dysfunctional, and my heart was broken. It seemed to be the end of the world. Sound like a bad news! Bad news? Good news? Who knows?  

In the meantime, I seized a particular yellow covered book to get rid of this unwanted feeling. Great! It taught me something; Something which lighten up my way back to normally optimist. A small piece of something here I want to share with you.

When I saw this sentence, surprisingly I asked myself REALLY? “Positive people are usually happy”, quoted from book. “They often have a lot of friends. When they have a problem, they try to change the problem into an opportunity. They believe things always work out. But can positive thinking really make someone’s life better?”

A moment to remember, a scarce experience occurring around seven years ago flew into my head. Do you want me to reveal now? Let’s go!

Seven years ago, the situation in my family was getting worse. I was not sure to be granted to move further the university because of financial crisis. I’d been working hard on my studying. This even push me harder to reach my first goal. At the end of the year, Bravo! I was granted a full scholarship.

Life isn't that easy or else “Life can be difficult sometimes.” Just don’t give up and be negative. Think about the future, make a plan and take action. Positive thinking can help to reduce stress, alternate deep despair so on and so forth. Trying to learn new things is also a part of being positive.

In the past, scientist thought attitudes never changed. Now, things have been changed. You can ask yourself as I did, “What good things happened to me today?” Or you may find fun activities to do such as watching a fun movie or reading a good book.

Here come to the end. However, just want to check whether you have done with your self-assessment yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment